“The impact could be strong.” What can we see in our sky

Star Wars Hours. Not “collisions” between planets, but eruptions caused by solar storms can illuminate the sky at any time. This paradoxical and suggestive aurora can appear at any time during the next two weeks and can be seen not only at the equator but in most of the skies around the world. A spectacular astronomical phenomenon, it can manifest itself … instantly.

Rocket hits the moon, it’s yellow: for Americans it’s Chinese, but Beijing denies it

Greenland ice melts 100 times faster: Scientists wonder why

NASA and NOAA

The main effect should be very similar to northern lights, because the mass can produce an intense light, but it is not clear whether it will have an impact on Earth. These predictions were made based on data collected by NASA and the United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). But according to the NOAA, in the next few hours, there is an 80 percent chance of a storm during the day. According to space meteorologist Dr. Tamita Skow, the storm has already arrived. Solar storms are predicted to have a 20% chance of making an impact in the UK.

Space Weather Forecast Center

The warning was issued after a plasma mass discharge of charged particles with electricity floating in the direction of the Earth. What is a solar flare? Experts call this a coronal mass injection (CME), which is considered the most common. However, not everyone travels to Earth, but when they do, they cause disruption. Some burns (solar or stellar burns) can reach speeds of 250-3,000 km per second, the US Space Weather Service (SWPC) explains, and can cause waiting problems for amateur radio and GPS systems.

See also  Xbox Game Boss welcomes more than 20 indie games on the first day, including Stalker 2 and The Ascent

Solar Storm & Aurora 5 Day Outlook

Dr. Skow tweeted yesterday: ‘The impact must be strong! Expect deep mid-latitude aurora, amateur radio and GPS issues, especially at sunrise and sunset and on the night side of the earth! Today he added: ¬ęSolarstorm & Aurora 5-day Outlook: Busy week with three threats! Because this great solar storm is characterized by a strong solar wind. And some signals had already arrived last week that a solar flare had erupted from the side of the sun facing the earth, but it was relatively weak.

Spaceweather.com

But Dr. Tony Phillips of spaceweather.com pointed out that this would not be a weak, passing blow: “Although these burns are generally inappropriate, they lasted nearly 12 hours on Thursday.” Coronal mass ejection (CMEs) are powerful explosions of plasma on the Sun’s surface: billions of tons of material can be lifted off the surface, away from the Sun, and explode with the force of about 20 million nuclear explosions. Scientists still do not know exactly what CMEs are, but they believe it is related to the Sun’s magnetic field. EarthSky.org explains: ‘Since the sun is a liquid, turbulence tends to deflect the magnetic field in complex ways. Like a phone cord or toy. “Torque, he adds,” it breaks the magnetic field and can push large amounts of plasma into space.

© Reproduction Assigned

Veronica Tucker

<div class="container main"> <div class="col-md-9 col-sm-9 col-xs-12"> <div class="frame-1 frame-3 site"> <div class="row no-margin for-sign"> <p class="sign">"Beer practitioner. Pop culture maven. Problem solver. Proud social media geek. Total coffee enthusiast. Hipster-friendly tv fan. Creator."</p> </div> </div> </div> </div>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top