Windows 21H1: These functions are no longer applicable
- XDDM based remote display driver: Support for Windows 2000 Display Driver Model (XDDM) remote display drivers was removed in this release. Software vendors using XDDM driver should switch to the WDDM drive model – details.
- Microsoft Edge: The old version of Microsoft Edge was no longer supported since March 9, 2021, and has therefore been removed from this version of Windows – details. Here you can find all the information about Microsoft’s new Edge Chromium browser.
Windows 21H1: features deprecated
- Personalisierungs – Roaming: Roaming customization settings (including wallpaper, slideshow, highlight colors, and lock screen images) have not been developed and may be removed in a future release.
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMIC) command-line tool: The WMIC tool in Windows 10 21H1 and Windows Server Semi-Annual Edition are out of date. It was made by Windows PowerShell for WMI Replacement. Note: This only applies to Command line tool, WMI itself is unaffected.
- Internet Explorer 11: IE11 Desktop Application Support Ends June 15, 2022 for Certain Operating Systems – Details.
Recently Deleted Jobs
Not the first time, Microsoft has removed features from Windows. When switching from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 10, many of the often beloved programs are no longer needed. And previous Windows 10 releases left feathers, too. Here is an overview:
- Windows 10 20H2: The MBAE service (Mobile Broadband Account Experience) Replaced. Metadata removed.
- Windows 10 2004: In this version it was Cortana Outsourcing as a separate application. As a result, the old voice control capabilities, such as playing music and controlling smart home functions, are no longer available. Also Windows to go – The option to transfer Microsoft OS to a USB flash drive has been removed for use. Applications Cellular definitions And the Correspondence Removed from Non-Cellular Devices, but still supported. PC manufacturers can also integrate it into mobile compatible devices with Windows Photos. In addition to the application Connect to a wireless display far. She can in Settings Under Applications And the Optional features It is reinstalled.
- Windows 10 1909: In this version Sync taskbar settings Which ceased to be developed from the 1903 version onwards. In addition, the legacy network protocol PNRP (Peer Name Resolution Protocol), which was deprecated in version 1809, has been removed.
100 aides in daily life
Useful for users who have made the switch
Restore abolished jobs
100 Download Tips
There is an app for this!
“Certified gamer. Problem solver. Internet enthusiast. Twitter scholar. Infuriatingly humble alcohol geek. Tv guru.”