Bernese Jura – Charging a laptop caused a fire

published

The disaster that required the evacuation of 31 people in Tavanese was clarified after six months of investigation.

The fire broke out in a room on the second floor.

Lematin.ch/Vincent Donzé

“The fire started with a laptop connected to the power source in order to recharge it,” Bern Cantonal Police notes, six months after a fire that required the evacuation of 31 people in a rented building near Tavanese station.

“It was also found that some of the fuses protecting the apartment’s electrical current had been tampered with,” police said, without being able to establish a causal relationship between this modification and the fire.

The fire broke out on the second floor of an apartment and commercial building on rue du Pont. Thirteen people were taken to hospital for medical explanations.

Reports have been produced

According to current estimates, the material damage amounted to several tens of thousands of francs. Reports have been prepared for the Bernese-Gora Sealand Regional Prosecutor’s Office regarding both the fire and valve adjustment.

“Having done 31 rescues, that never happened to me,” he told La Perse fire chief Patrick Bury. The tenants of the social apartments spread over eight floors were not evacuated by the grand staircase, but by the stairs.

See also  The speakers are humming, what's the problem?

Frank Mccarthy

<p class="sign">"Certified gamer. Problem solver. Internet enthusiast. Twitter scholar. Infuriatingly humble alcohol geek. Tv guru."</p>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top