1. Do you want to play on PC?
- What exactly are games? … Cyberpunk 2077, fs22, ets, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Forza Horizon 5, Battlefield 5, 2042
- Which Precision? Is Full HD (1920×1080) or WQHD (2560×1440) enough or should it be 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160)? … UWQHD
- Ultra/high/medium/low graphics settings? … high or ultra
- 30 . is enough for you FPS Or should it be 60 or even 144fps? … at least 50, shooters like Battlefield, more than 100
2. Would you like to use your computer to edit photos/music/videos or CAD? As a hobby or are you a professional? What software will you use?
… for non-professional photo and video editing, simple office applications.
3. Do you have any special requirements or wishes (overclocking, a particularly quiet PC, RGB lighting, …)?
… RGB is very nice, but good airflow is critical.
4. How many screens do you want to use? Number, Model, Resolution, Refresh Rate (Hertz)? Do you support FreeSync (AMD) or G-Sync (Nvidia)? (Please include a link to the manufacturer or compare prices!)
… Huawei MateView GT (3440 x 1440, 165 Hz, 10-bit).
5. Do you still have an old computer, some of its components can still be used? (Please with links to specifications from the manufacturer or compare prices!)
- Processor (CPU): … Intel Core i7 4790k
- Main Memory (RAM): … 2x 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Motherboard: … gigabytes, I don’t know more
- Power Source: … 500 W
- Housing: … unfortunately I don’t know
- Graphics Card:… MSI GTX 970
- HDD / SSD:… 128 GB DAS, 512 GB HDD
However, no component should continue to be used
6. How much money do you want to spend?
… I set myself a limit of €2000 in 2020 when I was already trying to buy a new PC. But I wanted to wait for the 3000 series, but then the current prices went up, so I really wanted to wait. Since the situation will probably last for quite some time and the current PC is hardly any fun in current games with UWQHD, I’m now hitting the bullet. I do not have a new set limit, but it should not exceed 6000 euros.
7. When do you want to buy the computer? Immediately if possible or can you wait a few more weeks/months?
… this month, in February at the latest
8. Would you like to assemble the computer yourself or assemble it (by the store or by volunteers)?
…even with the help of a friend.
Happy New Year to all of you, I wish you all a Happy New Year
Now I am in dire need of a new computer because my old computer has been running for years as described above. It is important to me that the new PC gets 12 generation intel cpu and is equipped with ddr5 ram. The graphics card should definitely be one from Nvidia. As a CPU cooler, I would like to have water cooling, although there is no specific reason for that, but I just want to have one…