GameStop, a leading retail company, is known for its extensive selection of video games, gaming consoles, and accessories. It also provides various membership programs, including the PowerUp Rewards Pro membership, that offer exclusive perks to its subscribers. While these programs can be quite beneficial, you might find yourself wanting to cancel your membership for various reasons. This article will guide you through the process, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
Understanding GameStop Membership Programs
Before delving into the cancellation process, it’s essential to understand GameStop’s membership programs. GameStop’s primary membership program was the PowerUp Rewards Pro membership, which offered discounts, exclusive access to deals, a monthly $5 reward coupon, and more, all for $19.99 a year.
The company might have updated or added to its membership programs since then, but the general process of cancellation should remain the same.
Cancelling Your GameStop Membership
Cancelling your GameStop membership isn’t complicated, but it requires following the correct steps. Here’s how to go about it:
- Contact Customer Service: Reach out to GameStop’s customer service by phone at 1-800-883-8895. Their operating hours are typically Monday-Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT, and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT. Be prepared for potential hold times as customer service lines can be busy. Remember to have your membership information handy for faster service.
- Visit a Local Store: If you prefer face-to-face interaction or immediate resolution, visiting a local GameStop store could be a better option. You will need to provide your membership information and a valid ID for verification purposes.
- Online Cancellation: Unfortunately, as of my last update in 2021, there was no direct option on the GameStop website to cancel your membership. However, you could send a request via the ‘Contact Us’ form on their site. Make sure to provide your full name, membership details, and specify your cancellation request clearly.
Things to Consider While Cancelling Your Membership
When planning to cancel your GameStop membership, consider the following:
- Cancellation Policy: It’s crucial to be aware of GameStop’s cancellation policy. Generally, memberships, once paid for, are non-refundable. This means that you might not receive a refund for the remaining term of your membership.
- Automatic Renewal: GameStop memberships are set to auto-renew by default. If you do not want your membership to renew automatically, ensure you cancel it before the renewal date. Ignoring this could result in unwanted charges.
- Reward Points: If you’ve accumulated reward points during your membership, they might be forfeited upon cancellation. Consider redeeming them before cancelling your membership.
After Cancelling Your Membership
Once you’ve cancelled your membership, it’s crucial to confirm that the cancellation was successful to avoid future complications:
- Confirmation Email: Ensure that you receive a confirmation email from GameStop verifying that your membership has been cancelled. If you don’t receive this email, contact customer service for confirmation.
- Bank Statements: Monitor your bank statements to ensure no additional charges are debited for the membership. If you notice any erroneous charges, contact GameStop immediately to rectify the issue.
Cancelling your GameStop membership can be straightforward if you follow the right steps and are aware of the potential repercussions. The most crucial part is confirming that the cancellation was successful to avoid unexpected charges in the future.