As awesome as smartphones are, it’s no surprise that they can be challenging for some people. However, Samsung Galaxy phones have a feature that simplifies the experience. If you or someone you know is having issues with your phone, this might help.
What is Easy Mode on Samsung Galaxy phones?
As the name suggests, Easy Mode is a special mode that changes many things to simplify the smartphone experience.
It is aimed at blind people or people who have trouble using a touch screen.
Easy Mode, for starters, makes the entire user interface even bigger. This means larger home screen icons, larger text, larger navigation controls, and a larger keyboard. These changes are applied to the entire phone.
Second, Easy mode has its own home screen launcher. As mentioned, the icons are larger, with an easy-to-see “Apply” button to open the full menu. The home screen page on the left is for shortcuts, making it easy for you to make calls or send messages to friends and family.
Finally, the “touch and hold” delay is longer, in order to prevent accidental actions. The length of this delay can be customized. In addition to the larger keyboard, A high contrast theme is also included.
All of these tweaks work together to make using your Samsung Galaxy phone that much easier, and it all happens with one key.
How to use Easy Mode on Samsung Galaxy phones
Enabling Easy Mode on a Samsung phone is simple, but there are several things to know after activating it. To get started, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear icon.
- Select “Display” from the settings.
- Scroll down and select Easy Mode.
- Now, simply flip the switch and you will immediately see the expanded user interface.
- Easy mode is now enabled. On this same screen, there are a few things you can tweak. First, select how long you want the “touch and hold timeout” to be.
- Next, turn the “High contrast keyboard” theme on or off. If you want, click on the color and choose the theme you want to use.
That’s it for easy mode settings.
After that, you will have to go to the main screen of Customize the launcher:
- Scroll to the far left of the Home screen page to see the shortcuts.
- Click one of the empty shortcuts to select a contact, then select Create Contact or Add Existing Contact. You will be asked to enter your contact details or choose one from the list.
- Another useful tool can be found on the far right of the home screen page. The magnifying glass app opens the viewfinder that allows you to zoom in on objects in the real world with ease. If you have trouble reading small texts, this is a great tool.
That’s pretty much all in easy mode! This feature can make a huge difference to anyone who has trouble navigating the smartphone interface.
“Web fanatic. Travel scholar. Certified music evangelist. Coffee expert. Unapologetic internet guru. Beer nerd.”