In a few weeks, the messenger will not work on some smartphones. The list of devices involved has already started.
Mountain View – WhatsApp has announced that its functionality will not be fully functional soon on some smartphone models. Messenger makers hinge on certain time slots to further develop the service for older operating systems.
First, because they fear the lack of security updates for outdated software. Second, so you don’t have to pre-test new functionality on an unmanageable number of OS versions.
As of November 1, 2021, only smartphones running Android 4.1, iOS 10 and KaiOS 2.5.1 can install and use WhatsApp. American Business Magazine Entrepreneur Report plans at an early stage and provide a list of affected models online:
WhatsApp end of support: These Android smartphones are affected
- Alcatel: One Touch Evo 7
- Huawei: Ascend G740, Ascend Mate, Ascend D Quad XL, Ascend D1 Quad XL, Ascend P1 S and Ascend D2.
- LG: Lucid 2, Optimus Prime F7, Optimus F5, Optimus L3 II Dual, Optimus F5, Optimus L5, Optimus L5 II, Optimus Prime L5 Dual, Optimus L3 II, Optimus L7, Optimus L7 II Dual, Optimus Prime L7 II, Optimus Prime F6 Enact, Optimus Prime L4 II Dual, Optimus F3, Optimus L4 II, Optimus L2 II, Optimus Prime HD, 4X HD, Optimus F3Q.
- Samsung: Galaxy Trend Lite, Galaxy Trend II, Galaxy SII, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy Xcover 2, Galaxy Core, Galaxy Ace 2.
- Sony: Xperia Miro, Sony Xperia Neo L and Xperia Arc S.
- ZTE: Grand S Flex, ZTE V956, Grand X Quad V987, Grand Memo.
- Other manufacturers: Archos 53 Platinum, HTC Desire 500, Caterpillar Cat B15, Wiko Cink Five, Wiko Darknight, Lenovo A820, UMi X2, Faea F1, THL W8.
WhatsApp Chat Backup: How does it work
According to the report, WhatsApp recommends moving to newer smartphone models so that you don’t have to close an account with them. Entrepreneur It recommends that those affected first create a backup of their chat history before November 1st. To do this, you must call up the “Settings” in the application, then select the “Chats” sub-item and then check the “Backup” box.
You can of course also switch to a messaging competition such as Telegram, Signal or Threema.
picture He writes on the subject that there is another possibility. With “many models”, an update for the operating system can be found under Settings. So check it out as a precaution. The next end of mass support for WhatsApp will not come to an end again until the end of 2022, according to the newspaper.
We have reported an error that three too iPhone models Those affected are: Apple iPhone SE, Apple iPhone 6S, and Apple iPhone 6S Plus. Models can always be updated to IOs 10 and later. So WhatsApp can still be used. The editors apologize for the misrepresentation. (mare)
Rating Lists List: © Michael Bihlmayer / Imago
“Professional food nerd. Internet scholar. Typical bacon buff. Passionate creator.”