Today SEGA releases the first of many free updates of the popular puzzle crossover Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. New content is freely available to all players on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Colorful puzzle game fans can look forward to a host of new characters, new game mode, cool background music and 20 new avatars with the update. More details are listed below.
- Four new playable characters join the Tourist Group: the legendary Sonic the Hedgehog, Lidelle and Ms. Accord and The Ocean Prince. Each character has its own talent battle mode.
- New Online Mode Boss Raid: Players team up with friends and defeat a common opponent for co-op fun.
- Four new BGM tracks (background music): Including Sonic-the-Hedgehog title track
- 20 new avatars: even the most famous Poyu Puyo characters that players can use to customize their profiles.
Sonic the Hedgehog joins Puyo-Puyo-Tetris-2-Rooster along with three other characters. SEGA’s Sonic is so popular and recognizable that it definitely doesn’t need a detailed introduction anymore. The fast blue hedgehog lives by its own rules. He hates lies and injustice and does not hesitate to defend the right.
Mrs. Accord is a teacher at Primp Magic School. Although she is considered polite and sympathetic, she is also known for her quirky lessons. In the original Puyo Puyo Tetris, you only played a small role. With the update, she will be introduced as a playable character – for the first time since Puyo Pop Fever.
Liddell is a student at Primp Magic School. She is meek, calm and very shy, and hides her horns under her hair. Although she has no physical connection with them, she refers to Dark Prince and Draco as her older brother and sister.
Prince of the Ocean is – beware, surprise – the prince of the ocean. He can be very selfish without even realizing it. Sometimes it takes human form to use certain spells. Just like Mrs. Accord and Liddell, he is back as a playable character for the first time since Puyo Pop Fever, after he made a cameo in Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Boss raid fights
In the new online boss raid mode, players and three other friends can take on a threatening boss who is controlled by the CPU. Switch players can take risks together with Local Wireless Multiplayer Mode.
In talent battle mode, players can now assemble their team using the extended rooster. The key to victory is choosing characters with skills that build on each other. During the game, you must detonate the boyo, solve the foursome and get rid of the boyo. If the boss runs out of life points, the game is won.
- Players can adjust the difficulty to suit their skills: as the difficulty increases, more bosses must be defeated. The number can be determined by the players. The higher levels of difficulty have different level requirements. The team must have the strength it needs to survive a fight.
- Chance Time: Chance time can occur when players encounter random events in the raids. If the criteria are met, they can cause additional damage to the boss with events.
- Bosses have unique abilities: Many abilities provide additional challenges, such as paralysis. This can prevent rotation for a short time.
- Item Cards and XP: These items can be obtained in boss raids. The quality of the reward increases with the level of difficulty. Players can use cards to improve their team in talent battles.
For a limited time, Switch players can try a Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 free trial.
This is the first post-launch content update from SEGA released for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. Players can look forward to many more features, such as new characters and more. More information to follow. Your fully personal rooster is available on Official Website.