Famitsu shared a ranking of Top 10 Best Selling Games in Japan When 2021, Which one sees The undeniable dominance of the Nintendo Switch, Hybrid console titles take up all ten positions. First we see Monster Hunter Rice, followed by Pokemon Diamond and Berlin remakes.
Here are the top 10 best-selling games in Japan in 2021:
- Monster Hunter Rice – 2,350.693 / new
- Pokemon Glowing Diamond / Glowing Pearl – 2.313.115 / New
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisi, Reva Mo Deepen! –1.266.477 / 2.499.500
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 971.418 / New
- Ring Fit Adventure – 904.685 / 2.991.690
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 815.174 / 4.272.357
- Minecraft – 708,670 / 2.411.591
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 704.134 / 7.082.237
- Mario Party Superstars – 628.538 / New
- Super Smash Brothers Ultimate – 610.964 / 4.624.138
It is as we can see first Monster Hunter Rice 2,350,693 copies or less than 40,000 units of two remakes of the fourth generation Game Freak game, the Pokemon Shining Diamond and the Shining Pearl.
Other than the fact that the Japanese Top 10 are all for the Nintendo Switch, another interesting detail is that Four of the ten games were released in 2021Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and Animal Crossing have already been in stores for many years like New Horizons.
Data on hardware sales in Japan in 2021 was recently released, with Nintendo Switch selling 5.3 million units, almost 5 times more than virtually all other consoles.