In this article, we show you how improve energy consumption On Windows 11 or Windows 10. Windows power management technologies provide platform and processor performance that reduces power consumption and can help lower energy costs. It also provides a better user experience with a longer battery life for specific scenarios.
Laptop battery usage tips
Optimizing power consumption in Windows 11/10
Here are some tips and frequently asked questions on how to properly use a laptop battery:
Do I have to fully discharge and charge the battery?
In lithium batteries, this is actually a myth, it only applies to the old nickelBattery based. Thus, fully discharging and charging the battery is completely useless and even harmful. Lithium-ion batteries do not suffer from the “memory effect”, the reason for poor performance of a laptop battery may be damage or age, which means that it is time for a new battery.
Lithium-ion batteries have between 300 and 600 charge cycles, or 2 to 4 years of use for the average user.
Do I have to remove the battery when connecting the air conditioner?
Many laptop users ask themselves this question, and we will answer it right away: the answer is: yes and no, it depends on the situation.
Having a fully charged battery and connecting the laptop to the mains is harmless, because as soon as the charge level reaches 100%, the battery stops receiving charging energy and this energy is transferred directly to the system.
However, there is a downside to keeping the battery in its socket when the laptop is plugged in, but only if it is currently experiencing overheating due to the laptop.
– Full battery discharge (up to shutdown of the laptop, 0%) should be avoided as this puts a lot of stress on the battery and may damage it. It is recommended to perform partial discharges at 20-30% capacity levels and frequent charges, rather than a full discharge followed by a full charge.
Some may make you think that you should completely discharge your laptop battery before recharging it, which you should not do. Lithium-ion laptop batteries have a limited number of charge cycles (cycle = fully discharged and then fully charged), so if you fully discharge the battery each time before charging, you will drastically reduce the life of the pack.
– For prolonged battery storage, its charging capacity should be around 40% and it should be stored in a cool dry place. The refrigerator (0°C-10°C) can be used, but only if the battery is kept insulated from any moisture. It has to be said again that heat is the battery’s worst enemy, so leaving your laptop in the car on a hot summer day is an easy way to kill the battery.
Read: How to charge your phone in sleep mode with the laptop cover closed.
laptop battery optimization software
Battery maintenance It is a free program that improves the battery usage and performance of a modern laptop. It monitors battery discharge cycles and helps increase battery life and improve battery life. It provides you with information such as total battery capacity, voltage, CPU temperature, and manufacturer if information is available. The program also keeps track of the battery’s discharge cycle.
In addition, when using the battery it is possible to suspend some functions of the operating system that contribute to a weakening of autonomy (only in Windows Vista or higher):
- Windows Aero, a feature that enables visual effects such as window transparency, requires graphics card acceleration, which will obviously contribute to reduced battery life;
- SuperFetch, ReadyBoost, and SearchIndexer are three services for Windows 10/8/7/Vista that use your hard drive a lot even in battery mode and increase overall power consumption, thus reducing battery life. Suspending these services does not have any negative impact on system performance or security.
These features are taken over by BatteryCare as soon as you connect your laptop to AC power.
Battery Optimizer is a free program that runs advanced diagnostics and tests and makes recommendations on how to better use your battery. It will also tell you the health or condition of your battery.
If you want to know your battery better, use BatteryInfoView. This is a free tool for PCs and Notebooks that displays a lot of information about your computer’s battery.
Read: Your battery has been damaged permanently and needs to be replaced.
Windows 11/10/7/8/Vista beeps when the battery reaches a critical stage. You can also configure it to trigger a notification when fully charged.
You can confirm it as follows:
Open Control Panel > Sound > Sounds > Highlight/Critical Battery Alarm Test is working properly.
if I were Windows 11/10 User, you can enable battery saving mode.
Read also: Turn off your Windows laptop screen with ScreenOff.
More articles about your battery that are sure to interest you:
- Mobile phone and laptop battery explosion – causes and prevention
- CAUTION, system battery voltage is low
- Best Laptop Battery Tester & Diagnostic Tools
- Tips to solve battery drain problems.
- Windows Energy Efficiency Diagnostic Report Tool to Check Battery Health
- Tips to improve the battery life of your wireless keyboard and mouse
- The laptop battery indicator icon shows an empty battery even though it is full
- Change critical and low battery life in Windows.
“Certified gamer. Problem solver. Internet enthusiast. Twitter scholar. Infuriatingly humble alcohol geek. Tv guru.”